Thursday, July 06, 2006

Freedomland



I just watched freedomland a few hours ago, it was KICKASS!!!! All of you out there who know me, know that I am quite truly a movie buff... well, i'm more like an acting buff.. but.. tomato - tomato (read:tomahtow)..

in Freedomland, the acting is brilliant!! no no, that's an understatement, it is absolutely superb. I'm probably not the most neutral judge, because I'm already completely enchanted by the talents of Samuel L. Jackson, and Julianne Moore (well hellooo clariiiice -hannibal).

Jackson pretty much stays true to character and plays an oh-too-cool detective. Much like shaft (watch yo mouth!!), samuel is so suave i almost pissed my pants.

Moore on the other hand, completely blew me away with her performance as an out-of-her-mind psycho. Now,playing a typical freak (i.e Norman Bates), isn't the biggest challenge. But in this movie, Moore convincingly portrays a mom that has TRULY cracked! I've loved her since Hannibal. (but thats mostly due to the fact that i'm head over heels for Sir Anthony Hopkins - he is my silver fox, ill probably blog about him soon). But I am now beginning to see her true talents, I'm seeing more color in her performances. From the strong-willed woman she played in Hannibal, to the witty and frantic lawyer she played in Laws Of Attraction. And now to see her completely shatter her 'hollywood starlette' persona to take on a most disturbing character. Her white-trash'esque display of a woman on the edge of self-destruction was captivating. I don't give away gold stars for acting that often..but Moore deserves some milk and cookies to go with the star i'm giving her for this movie!!!

I won't give away the story, but it involves violence, scandal, neglect, jealosy, danger, love, and of course... white policemen beating black thugs with nightsticks. I don't care what kind of movies you like, this movie has got something for everyone!! GO SEE THE MOVIE.. you won't be sorry...

Kat's kickass-o-rama movie meter : 9 /10
Kat's kickass-o-rama acting meter : 11billion/10

2 comments:

kkkk said...

dude, i'd fuck julian moore just to hope that i'd get at least a bit of her acting skills to rub off on me.. seriously.
she is sooo brilliant.
gimme the dvd

kat said...

no, no, my dear lad. The one you should bend over to is Anthony Hopkins.. just being in the same vacinity as his dick would pretty much guarantee you an oscar.

and yes.. mooching of the dvd will take place the next time we meet up.


(and don't gimme that shit about fuckin her for her acting skills.. you fuck anything with 2 legs and a hole... scratch that.. - anything that moves..) *snickering*